This free course, Managing and managing people, will introduce you to the world of management. We will be looking at a range of topics, including what managers do, what skills they require, and how you can develop as a manager.
You probably have a variety of reasons for wanting to learn about management. The main one is almost certainly that you want to improve your effectiveness as a manager. If so, it helps to have a clear idea of what managers do and what is meant by managerial ‘effectiveness’. To do this, you need to be able to identify your roles as a manager and those factors which influence your effectiveness – and these lie not only within yourself but also in your working environment. They include your job, your organisation, and the people you work with. Then you will need to diagnose what you might do to improve your own managerial performance, and take a first step to improve it.
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- understand what is meant by management and managerial effectiveness
- identify the roles which are fulfilled while working as a manager
- identify managerial activities that contribute to managerial effectiveness
- identify a cause of stress in managerial life from a range covering mismatches between capabilites and role, player-manager tension and everyday stressors
- understand time pressures and the need for time management.
|What do managers actually do?||00:10:00|
|What is managerial effectiveness||00:10:00|
|What does your effectiveness depend on?||00:10:00|
|Your management skills||00:10:00|
|Characteristics of an effective manager||00:10:00|
|Managing your time|
|Time saving and time planning||00:10:00|
No Reviews found for this course.