This course, Squares, roots and powers, reminds you about powers of numbers, such as squares and square roots. In particular, powers of 10 are used to express large and small numbers in a convenient form, known as scientific notation, which is used by scientific calculators.
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- evaluate the squares, cubes and other powers of positive and negative numbers with or without your calculator
- estimate square roots and calculate them using your calculator
- describe the power notation for expressing numbers
- use your calculator to find powers of numbers
- multiply and divide powers of the same number.This is a prerequisite for algebra topic.
|Squares, Cubes and Roots|
|Squaring fractions and negative numbers||00:25:00|
|The impact of Power||00:25:00|
|The Power Zero||00:25:00|
|Expressing numbers in scientific notation||00:25:00|
|Using scientific notation||00:25:00|
No Reviews found for this course.