eLearning has become widespread all round the globe and helps individuals obtain material and knowledge freely available in the internet. But the result of this online opportunity depends on many factors that an eLearner faces every day. Light, fast-working software, comfortable chair, and a correct body posture are among the main boosters of eLearning process. Since it is a studying routing involving gadgets like laptops, desktops, and tabs, which warrants a person to be in a sitting position for a considerable period, it is crucial to always keep an eye on your body posture. Someone who is constantly in a sitting position, engaged in the computer will often find themselves slouched, tired, or worn out from the mind-numbing routine. Bad body posture causes bad concentration, headaches, and inability to perceive information.
But, of course, there are several ways to keep the brain alert and gain a good body posture for eLearning. So, here are some tips on how to save your energy and enthusiasm during long sitting hours:
- Of course, sitting straight is on the first place because it allows you to breathe in larger amounts of air and focus more on the information comprehension.
- If you have a chair with a back support you must be sure that your legs are comfortably reaching the floor and you don’t have to figure out where to place them.
- As a Scottish study has shown, you can also opt for a 135° leaning back position which can prevent you from straining your back.
- Consider the option of the active chair. It provides you with the opportunity to move while sitting. Study and burn calories; isn’t that just great?
- If you want to boost your concentration, rock back and forth. It will release the pressure on your spine and will enhance your focus.
- Common knowledge dictates placing your laptop on a higher surface that almost levels with your chest while sitting. It will cause less straining with a reduced slouching position.
- Another recommended position is adjusting the monitor to be at a point where your neck is neutral and relaxed.
- It is advisable for an eLearning student to have yoga classes before or after a session of studying. Yoga helps the body regain and retain an upright posture from the back way up to the shoulders which is very crucial and important for a person practicing eLearning.