After studying this course, you should be able to:
- understand the legal framework of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and Regulations associated with it
- understand the employers’, employees’ and visitors’ duties
- evaluate hazards and risks in order to carry out a risk assessment
- understand the legal requirement to report any accident or dangerous occurrence
- develop risk assessments for scientific laboratories that use chemicals or biological organisms or both.This course is designed to introduce you to the concepts of health and safety within a science laboratory or in the field. There are a number of legal requirements that must be adhered to before carrying out work in a laboratory. One of these is the necessity to carry out risk assessments on the chemical and biological agents that are to be used as part of your practical work activities. As part of this process you may be required to think about minimizing exposure of yourself and colleagues to these chemical and biological agents. The following background and information is intended to make you more aware of health and safety aspects of your laboratory and field-based research work.
No Reviews found for this course.